Friday, October 3, 2008

Tak Fok Restaurant

So heres my first real post about something....














Well I recently went to this restaurant , Tak Fok somewhere in Kepong. Refer to the ad , the address is there . You could google its name and you'll get alot of blogs with praises for that restaurant ( well that's what I got so far ).With all that reputation , and the extremely long line you have to wait to place your order , it got my hopes up . I thought " Wow, this place might be really something . " So after a couple of hours...food arrived ~





These are roughly what I had that day , I didn't thought I would start a blog until now so sadly I didn't take any pictures . I copied these off of other bloggers who posted it in their blog . So credits for these pictures goes to them . ( Their respective name / site is in the fine print of the pics) Well these food DOES look tasty. But sad to say they disappointed me greatly.

I'll describe generally how they taste in my point of view

First the cheese crab - Well this is their so called "signature dish", so of course I tried this first.
At first I thought the white things tasted like dull mayo , it taste nothing like cheese at all (except it being creamy) . Then comes the meat , okay to put in a short way , it doesn't taste like crab (pretty tasteless) , its rubbery and halfway through it it is just saddening...really..
So sauce - Plausible / F , Crab - definitely F

Salted egg crab - Crab is the same as the last one , good thing about this is the salted egg . I'll give em this , they put alot of salted egg into this dish .
Salted egg - B , Crab - F

Ginger chicken thingy - well..its tasted pretty light...way too light . Almost to the point of tasteless. But the meat is very tender , easy to bite.
Taste - E , Meat tenderness - A

Well for the bun thing..you could get it anywhere...so yea...
Overall for the crabs yea they might say its cheap,I'm not sure about the other things beside the crabs though , but it is definitely not worth the wait nor $ .
At the end of the meal , feeling a little frustrated and bored I did this





For people who understand Chinese , yea I really did it .
For people who doesn't understand , it means not tasty..or something like that .


Well here is my first post , comments and suggestions are needed.
If you're an experienced blogger , do contact me and teach..xD



On the another note..I found this picture



and the cicak is UGLAYYY...DAMNNN...



- End of post -

No comments: